3-Day Best of Kruger Safari
What to Expect
A 3-day Kruger Park Safari in an open vehicle gives you the ideal opportunity to see the Big 5 as well as the hundreds of other animals living in the world-famous Kruger National Park. When it comes to accommodation, we have handpicked the best backpackers, lodges and hotels just outside of the park, guaranteed to give you a most relaxing stay.
Departure & Return Location
What To Bring
Private transfers Johannesburg to Kruger (White River / Marloth Park)
Please note that there are also private transfers available between Johannesburg and Kruger one way, for up to 8 clients.
Day 1 | Transfer & Afternoon Safari (Dinner Included)
For a selection of lodges and hotels near to the Skukuza Airport or OR Tambo International Airport, have a look at our selection below. Many of these lodges and hotels offer a free shuttle service to and from the airport bus terminal.
We make use of a trusted Shuttle Services, a transfer company that shuttles guests to and from the Kruger National Park from the bus terminal. The shuttle leaves at 6:45 am and we ask that guests be at the shuttle by 6:30 am. (Please don’t be late they have to depart in these specific time slots)
You arrive in Marloth Park, where you will be staying for the duration of your stay, at 12:00 pm to 13:00 pm. Met by one of our experienced safari guides, you will be transferred to your accommodation and have some time to relax and settle in before heading off on your first safari at 14:30 pm. This first safari is an afternoon/sunset tour. As the Sun warms the African bush throughout the morning and mid-day the animals seek shelter in the shade from the blistering sun and become inactive. As the afternoon approaches watering holes and dams will be the most popular site to visit and see animals. As the temperatures begin to cool in the late afternoon animals will start to move towards the water to hydrate.
With the sun setting over the African bush, the sun sets appear redder and redder as it gets closer to the horizon. This makes the perfect opportunity to enjoy a magnificent red sky African Sunset. This presents photographers with the most beautiful photos to be taken.
You will be accompanied by a highly qualified and well-experienced guide who will be able to educate and give you an insight on a variety of topics while searching for the famous “Big 5”! Our guides will do their best to make your Kruger National Park experience a memory that will not be forgotten.
Just before the park closes for the day, we journey back to the accommodation. At your accommodation you will have some personal time to relax and enjoy a filling dinner at the restaurant.
The next morning is quite an early one, so we suggest getting enough rest the night before.
Day 2 | Full Day open vehicle safari in the Kruger National Park (Breakfast, Lunch| In Kruger & Dinner Included )
We will depart at the 05:00 (October – March) or 05:30 (April – September) and will return and drop off between 16:00 to 17:00.
Entering the Kruger national Park, we begin to explore the high biodiversity the park has to offer. With 53 fish Species, 118 reptile species, 151 mammal species, 507 bird species, 2000 plant species and over 50 000 insect species you can expect to see a whole range of sightings. You will be accompanied with a highly qualified and well experienced guide who will be able to educate and give you an insight on a variety of topics while searching for the famous “Big 5”!
Your accommodation will prepare a pre-packed breakfast, and we’ll stop during the morning to eat. After breakfast, we continue the Kruger safari in search of animals. At lunchtime, we stop again, but instead of eating a packed lunch, we order a meal from a menu at Skukuza Cattle Baron Restaurant.
Late in the afternoon, when the safari is over, we head back to the accommodation and have some time to relax before dinner. After dinner, it’s another early night before an early start.
Day 3 | Morning Safari & Transfer back to Johannesburg
We will depart at the 05:00am (October – March) or 05:30 (April – September) and will leave the park at around 11:15 am. This is the last day of our 3 day Kruger Park safari. Along with your luggage, we depart for the park with pre-pack breakfasts on board. This morning safari is about 4-5 hours long and we go to the best areas of the park in the hopes of catching a last-minute glimpse of other animals.
We leave the park at 11:15 am, transferring you to the shuttle meeting point. Here you will meet up with the Shuttle Service. They depart at 12:00 pm and will take you back to the shuttle bay at OR Tambo International Airport. From here you can depart to your chosen city hotel.
- A small single supplement is charged for single travellers.
- All rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR)
- Transfer costs and SANParks conservation fees are included in the rates.
- Rates are subject to change due to 3rd party suppliers.
- Transfers and Safaris are not private tours, unless booked on a private basis.
- Some lodges have a child policy that does not allow children under the age of 12. It is advised to book a holiday house for families with young children. This can be booked with us.
- Guests that are flying out of OR Tambo International Airport are advised not to book any flights departing earlier than 19h00 (domestic) or 21h00 (international).
- Royal Safaris does not accept any liability for guests missing their flight due to missing the shuttle departure times.
- Please note there is a luggage restriction of 20kg and a small carry-on bag per guest.
- Royal Safaris makes use of lodges and hotels just on the outskirts of the Kruger, in Marloth Park or White River. The accommodation we use is only about 15 – 45 minutes away from the closest Kruger gate.
- While we don’t take children under the age of 8 on our shared safaris, we more than happily accommodate them on our private safaris.
- Guests arriving to Johannesburg are advised to arrive a day earlier in order to avoid missing their shuttle.
- The Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai activities are subject to availability. When these activities are not available, alternative safari activities will replace them.