3-Day Budget Kruger Explorer Safari
What to Expect
A 3-day Kruger Park Safari in an open vehicle gives you the ideal opportunity to see the Big 5 as well as the hundreds of other animals living in the world-famous Kruger National Park. When it comes to accommodation, we have handpicked the best backpackers, lodges and hotels just outside of the park, guaranteed to give you a most relaxing stay
Departure & Return Location
What To Bring
Private transfers Johannesburg to Kruger (White River / Marloth Park)
Please note that there are also private transfers available between Johannesburg and Kruger one way, for up to 8 clients.
Day 1 | Transfer & Afternoon Safari (Dinner Included)
We make use of a trusted Shuttle Services, a transfer company that shuttles guests to and from the Kruger National Park from the bus terminal. The shuttle leaves at 6:45 am and we ask that guests be at the shuttle by 6:30 am. (Please don’t be late they have to depart in these specific time slots)
You arrive at your chosen accommodation (subject to availability), where you will be staying for the duration of your stay, at 12:00 pm to 13:00 pm, and have some time to relax and settle in before heading off on your first safari at 14:30 pm. This will be a relaxed late afternoon / sunset safari.
We depart the park at gate closing times this just before sunset and return to the lodge or accommodation after a long day. You will then enjoy dinner, and some leisure time. The next morning is quite an early one, so we suggest getting enough rest the night before.
Day 2 | Full day open vehicle safari in the Kruger National Park (Breakfast & Dinner Included)
We will depart at the 05:00 (October – March) or 05:30 (April – September) and will return and drop off between 16:00 to 17:00.
Our safari starts very early, before sunrise, to the Kruger National Park in specially fitted open safari vehicles. We enter the park at 06:00 am, here you will spend the day on a safari with your ranger and we will visit various water holes, lookout points & rivers.
We have our breakfast, which was pre-packed by the hotel / lodge, at a local rest camp/picnic venue and then continue our safari looking for the mighty Big 5, not missing out on over 53 fish Species, 118 reptile species, 151 mammal species, 507 bird species, 2000 plant species and over 50 000 insect species – your ranger will ensure the very best experience.
Your guide will stop at a local rest camp for lunch where there is a great menu, then we continue with our safari.
We return to the lodge late afternoon (around 4 pm) after a great day on safari. You can then relax and even jump into the swimming pool before we have dinner at the lodge. But be sure to get to bed early, as you will have to get up early as well for the next day’s early morning safari and transfer back home.
Day 3 | Check out & transfer back to Johannesburg (Breakfast included)
We will check out and depart at 6:00 am and will take you back to the shuttle bay at OR Tambo International Airport. From here you can depart to your chosen city hotel.
- A small single supplement is charged for single travellers.
- All rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR)
- Transfer costs and SANParks conservation fees are included in the rates.
- Rates are subject to change due to 3rd party suppliers.
- Transfers and Safaris are not private tours, unless booked on a private basis.
- Some lodges have a child policy that does not allow children under the age of 12. It is advised to book a holiday house for families with young children. This can be booked with us.
- Guests that are flying out of OR Tambo International Airport are advised not to book any flights departing earlier than 19h00 (domestic) or 21h00 (international).
- Royal Safaris does not accept any liability for guests missing their flight due to missing the shuttle departure times.
- Please note there is a luggage restriction of 20kg and a small carry-on bag per guest.
- Royal Safaris makes use of lodges and hotels just on the outskirts of the Kruger, in Marloth Park or White River. The accommodation we use is only about 15 – 45 minutes away from the closest Kruger gate.
- While we don’t take children under the age of 8 on our shared safaris, we more than happily accommodate them on our private safaris.
- Guests arriving to Johannesburg are advised to arrive a day earlier in order to avoid missing their shuttle.
- The Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai activities are subject to availability. When these activities are not available, alternative safari activities will replace them.