Most South African’s are lucky enough to have visited a wildlife park of some kind in their lives, whether as children or as adults.
While self-drives are the most conventional way for South Africans to go on safari, there is another way to see the wildlife and the other exciting things that South Africa’s parks have to offer.
Guided safaris with a professional safari company, takes the stress out of your time in the park, and with Royal Safaris, not only do you get to experience the ultimate safari but you can also enjoy a bush braai or breakfast out in nature.
Why the guided Kruger Park safari is the better option
- Accidents happen and there have been numerous accidents in the Kruger National Park with tourists cars been attacked by wild animals. In 2013 an elephant overturned a car and a British lady was seriously injured. In 2016 a car was severely smashed by stampeding buffalo and a car was attacked by a lion. Most of these could have been avoided had these people been on tour with a safari company, as the guides know how close to get to the animals and also know which animals are safe to get close too.
- Safari companies have professional guides that visit the park daily. These guides are not only trained in the ways of the wild animals but are also constantly in touch with other guides in the park so they know where the best sighting are during the day. Guides also have a wealth of information about the animals and while relaxing and game viewing the guides can explain all about the animals and their behaviour.
- Guided safari companies know where the best places are in the Kruger National Park to ensure that you see the most animals in the least amount of time. Guides also have knowledge of where some animals have their lairs. While it is unrealistic to expect to always see the Big Five, it is safe to say that with a safari company you are likely to see more than you would on your own. On your own, you may drive around for hours and hours and see nothing. Guides can also give you valuable information about the veld, plants and trees and also tell stories about all their bush experiences.
- Safari companies offer a variety of packages for you to choose from. They can take you on an early morning drive or an afternoon drive, or if you want to spend the whole day in the park, they offer that service too. Safari vehicles are open so you get a real feel for the bush, with the breeze blowing around you and the advantage of being higher than a normal vehicle enabling you to see over the roadside bush and view deep into the wild.
- Safari companies will also take you to camps or picnic spots where you will get to stretch your legs and grab a snack or curio from the available facilities. It is safe to say, that going with a safari company will let you enjoy a safe journey through the Kruger National Park and get back home relaxed and bush wise.
- Finally, some companies go above and beyond simply offering the average safari. Royal Safaris offers unique bush braais, early morning champagne breakfasts and exciting dinners close to the wildlife.